Become A Part of The Kingdom Church
Church Membership Section
In this section, if you would like to become a member of this church, please read through this section and return the completed form at the end of this section.
Pastors Darrius & LaToya Harris
1) Why become a member?
“…You are a member of God’s very own family…and you belong in God’s household with every other Christian.” Eph. 2:19
1) Personal sense of belonging. By choosing to become a member, you are making a conscious choice to identify with and become part of this church family.
2) Personal significance. Becoming a member will open up new opportunities for you to serve in significant ministry roles within our church family.
3) Personal relationships. By actively identifying with our church, you will enter into new meaningful relationships you would not experience if you stay on the fringe of our church family.
4) Personal development: By committing yourself to becoming a member, you will have a greater focus to use and develop your gifts, abilities and serving skills and leadership within our church family.
5) Personal rewards: Jesus Christ promises to reward us for our service for others. Your loving service within our church family will have eternal significance in your life and the lives of others. You will also experience the joy and reward of being part of what God is doing with and through our entire church family.
6) Personal accountability: By becoming a member of this church, you are committing yourself to a personal path of spiritual growth, Christian maturity and godly service. Through the relationships you choose to build, you will become more accountable to others in your spiritual journey.
2) Who can become a member?
Eligibility: This congregation receives into membership anyone who is born again through faith in Jesus Christ and professes Him before the world; and who accepts the Statement of Faith, Mission and vision of this church.
3) What is expected of members?
We expect members to participate in fulfilling our mission statement, which is to:
“EMPOWERING PEOPLE TO ADVANCE THE KINGDOM”
Members should seek to become “fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ” as they…
Confess with your mouth that you have received Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and that you have eternal life. Romans 10:9, John 1:12, 1 John 5:11-13
Commune with God daily through scripture reading, prayer & following Christ. Matt 22:37, Ps 119:105, John 15:4-6, John 14:23-24, John 12:25-26, Luke 11:2, 1Thes 5:17
Celebrate God and hear the preaching of God’s Word by participating in a weekly worship service. Ps 145:7, Heb 10:25, Acts 2:42
Continue to grow spiritually by learning God’s word and following God’s will. Ps 145:4, Prov 13:20, Rom 12:1-2, Ps 119:1-4, 2 Cor 5:17
Connect with others in loving relationships by being part of a small group, class or ministry team. Heb10: 23-25, Num 11:17, Acts 2:42-47, 1 Thess 5:11, Gal 6:2, 1 John 4:11-12
Consecrate yourself to Christian service with your God-given time, abilities, gifts, and desires.Eph 2:10, Rom 12:4-8, Gal 5:13, 1 Cor 12
Communicate the love of Christ by word and deed to others. Mt 5:16, Job 11:18, Col 1:10, Mk 1:17, 2 Cor 5:19-21, Acts 26:17-18, Luke 6:27-31
Contribute your God-given resources by generously and faithfully giving financially to God’s work at our church and beyond. 2 Cor 9:7, Prov 3:9-10, Mal 3:8-10, Deut 14:22, Acts 11:29.
Fill out and return the following information:
I have received Jesus Christ as my personal Savior and Lord, and desire to become an active member and support the ministries of this church. Therefore I hereby apply for membership.